Sunday, March 14, 2010

Flipping cans and fleeting up.

So this last week has been rather busy. I've had mucho work in RL that I've had to deal with, but it's finally march break, which means a full week.... of EVE.

I logged in late today to find Adrae, a fellow ninja, ready to start a small op of his own. Wanting to fleet salvage myself, I offered my Orca and scanning abilities, and we formed a small fleet ready to begin.

The first action we got was about 4 hours later. Adrae warped into a mission where there were no wrecks at all. He checked his dscan, and decided that the 1 container there was worth jumping the gates. Lo and behold, he gets to the container, and figures out that it's full of the ENTIRE mission's worth of loot.

We all immediately begin to warp in, as he calls out that there's a salvage ship on the way. My Orca lands, and I begin to burn it through the gates. I land a second later, and hotswap to my vigil, and warp in ahead of my Orca. We had a few moments before told Adrae to tractor the can out of range of the warp in, so the enemy salvage ship couldn't scoop it. At this point, we realize that the enemy ship is an Ishtar, which is not good at all for us, but the 3000m3 in the can of loot makes us stay.

Adrae now burns at an angle to the orca, hoping that he can reach it before the enemy ship - which is closing, reaches the can. I hotswap again to my salvage destroyer, which is a little more spacious, and burn to the can, matching speed twice over to scoop some of the loot and burn to the orca at my faster speed.

Finally, Adrae begins burning a straight path to my Orca, with the Ishtar, and now a friend of his, in hot pursuit. They must have had full cargo holds, because they begin dropping cans of their own to free up space for what we're towing. This is confirmed when they both begin flashing red in my overview, which means they've stolen from our can, although later we realize that the took nothing of value.

Finally, as both enemy ships realize the game is up and warp out, Adrae's vigil makes it back to the Orca, where I scoop everything in the can into my hold. This entire process took around 45 minutes, and what's amazing is that they never said a word.


The rest of the op was spent in relative safety, although we managed to tank and destroy a field of large NPC's and steal a Ship's Crew - contracted publicly for 10mill.

All in all an eventful day, but I'm still looking for another kill... Haven't had a mission runner so much as take a shot at me in around 2 weeks, most of which can be accredited to me not being on.

No comments:

Post a Comment