Friday, November 20, 2009

Dull day...

Today was a little odd.. I started out in high sec, but soon the calling of lowsec was too strong. I prepared my Rifter, and made the journey. What I found in Amamake was an early Christmas present from Wensley. I'd been gifted with 29 Rifters and their assorted fittings. I thanked Wensley and took his offer without much hesitation. And this is where the fun begins. First, I undocked, and saw a Minmatar shuttle a little away from the base. I made a run to it, locked and stupidly, started shooting. I thought I could kill and get away from that range, I was of course, wrong. It was a stupid mistake that costed me a ship. I waited out the timer, which then changed to yellow. After undocking, my shiny replacement was blasted yet again, but why? I had not aggressed... But this time, I made it to a safespot, and waited for my ship to recover from the shock the sentries had created. Next, I started scanning, which resulted in me finding an Ishkur at a belt. On warping in, he was apparently taking off to the next belt. I gave chase. By the time I got to the second, he had gone back to the first. Grr. Upon looking into his character, I learned that he wa vastly older than I, and a wanted criminal. I decided to leave this one alone.

So I started scanning again, and instantly came across a caracal. Upon warping to the belt, the Caracal flashed momentarily across my readout, then vanished. A Caracal with a cloak? I decided it best not to stick around. I was getting bored, and so jumped on a Vexor in a belt ratting. Long story short, I got drone'd.

I fitted up my last Rifter of the day, and headed back out. A few moments later, a Navitas undocked, and headed out at sublight. I followed. Once we were at 150km from the station, I opened up, shredding the little ship like paper. I turned to the pod, and killed it too. My boredom was not alleviated. :(

So there you have it folks, my second kill ever, and it's on a semi AFK Navitas pilot with civilian loot. Oh well. He's the one stupid enough to be AFK in lowsec.

1 comment: